Monday 21 December 2015

An Interview with Mark Barbet!

An Interview with Mark Barbet! They are very long, but packed with content! If you want to do something like this, drop me a message using the Message button at the top of my facebook page :)!This is a one-off interview from the weekly interviews starting on Friday the 25th (I know that day... :D )


 H: Hi there Mark! How are you?
M: Hi there Harrison. Very well thanks.
H: Good to hear! Let's talk about, how long you have been into the hobby.
M: OK Harrison. I'm only recently getting back into the hobby, after a good ten year break. Having two young children, I needed to find a hobby where I could relax and get a little rest and relaxation. I've currently been painting for the last 4 months, and I'm learning still on each miniature I finish.
H: Well if I am sure on one thing, you are churning miniatures out! What would you say your favourite miniature has been to paint since you have come back?
M: Many hours have been spent in my newly converted man cave Harrison. I started off my hobby again with a riders of rohan set from GW. I will say these are my favourite so far.
H: Well they sure do look great! I must say that I am quite a fan of the picture of them fighting the Goblin Town Goblins! In that picture, you also have a very nicely painted set of Citadel Woods. Were they easy to paint for you, after a ten year break?
M: Thankyou Harrison. I picked up the citadel woods a week after picking up the riders of rohan. I'm not going to lie, it was a little daunting once I opened the box and remembered what was involved again. But as they say.. It's just like riding a bike. I assembled, primed and started the woods on a Monday evening, and had completed it by the Friday. Time from start to finish was approx 7 hours. It was then that I got bitten by the bug again and remembered what a truly enjoyable hobby this is.
H: Well it is truly enjoyable Mark! You mentioned you Man Cave too! So what is your Man Cave all about?
M: OK Harrison. So we live in a bungalow, and since my two young daughters have arrived, I found myself needing a space where I could concentrate and not be disturbed.. The dinner table just wasn't cutting it anymore.. So then I had an idea... Attached to the back of bungalow is a old coal shed, all it contained was junk, a freezer a general garden furniture. I set about creating a new space for myself to use. The shed was gutted, painted, carpet and carpet put down. I then picked up various bits and pieces from friends and family. My desk came of the side of the road and started off as a old computer type desk that I modified to fit. It's ideal for holding all my paints and tools for the hobby. I'm lucky to have multiple power points in the shed aswell as a double glazed window. Next up was cd player, heater, lava lamp and a couple of desk lamps. I then decorated with posters and pics that are special to me. It's now a great little haven to retreat to when the bungalow gets a little too loud for my liking.. Every man needs a quiet space right??
H: Right! Well I have a similar space! We had a shed in our garden that I turned into a gaming shed. Well anyway enough about me, as it is your interview! So what can we expect to see from you in the future Mark?
M: I'm glad it's not just me who lusts for a little peace and quiet now and again Harrison. So I find myself looking at various online auction sites and the games workshop site most evenings now. My dear wife is pleased I'm back into the hobby, and has just recently purchased me the great eagles set from the hobbit range. I will be working on this fantastic birds over the Christmas period after spending time with my wife and children of course. After that I'm hoping to purchase the escape from Goblin town set along with some extra scenery.
H: Everyone needs a little piece every now and then and I am glad you get support in your hobby! Great Eagles are beautiful models, so I can't wait to see what you do with them, along with EFGT and the scenery! Thank you very much for being interviewed by myself, and I hope that some readers can see you again in another interview! Thanks again!
M: It's been my pleasure Harrison. It's fantastic to speak to like minded people who really appreciate this fantastic pastime. Keep up the great work on your site, and I look forward to speaking to you again soon. I will be sure to keep you updated on my progress with the Eagles and another couple of small pieces along the way. Thanks for your time. Mark.

 
I'd just like to give a huge shoutout to Mark Barbet! He is a great guy, and great to talk to! He can be
 in another interview for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment